Snuba Diving in Nassau, Bahamas
Who doesn’t love a little adventure, travel, and a new challenge?
I recently went on my first cruise – which was very exciting and a lot of fun and decided to do some excursions. I have never heard of this before, but it was definitely interesting and left you wanting more. It was exciting to try going farther under the water without the training of scuba diving or limitations of snorkeling. The breathing was definitely challenging if you are not a seasoned swimmer.
I still get an adrenaline rush and surge of excitement thinking about it. I will admit I was not as successful with it as I would have liked to been or expected. The sites underwater are amazing though and made me feel like I was in a different world. I want to continue practicing this and be able to go farther down at some point. One of the coolest things about it is how it challenges your brain to take over your anxiety and to control your breathing. I feel this is a skill and an art that can not be easily mastered by everyone.
If your travelling somewhere and looking for excursions make sure you check it out! I attached the link to company and location we used! Have fun!
After reading a few articles on new year’s resolutions, bucket list ideas, de-stressing, self development articles, looking and listening to a variety of people’s ideas, and doing some self reflection of my own I came up with a few things that I think contribute to being open to having the best year ever… Note the stress on being open to it. I believe not only do you have to be open to it, but ready to seize each day and opportunity. So here’s a few ideas some may be cliche or new. We are all different and where we are at in life varies so each list should vary and may over lap.
1. Do something you have been doing but do it in a different way and even better – yielding better results for yourself. Whether it’s a workout, recipe, an idea or project for work, a craft, etc.
2. Do something new and that evokes some fear and excitement at least once a month. Whether it’s a new hobby, class, or something thrill seeking.
3. Be proud and confident in the person you are no matter what. No matter what mistakes you made or how bad someone made you feel stand up tall and love yourself.
4. After completing number 3 take time to appreciate and give to others. Give thanks, compliments, a hand, a smile, a ear to listen. Be kind and love others, let go of resentment of others.
5. When life gets tough breath live in the moment, move forward, live minute by minute, day by day don’t rush but just keep moving and walking forward.
6. Focus on you and the energy you give. Be positive, see good in things, see and value your own strength. Don’t compare yourself to others.
7. Be a friend and have friends. Build a living network around yourself for support, love, laughter, the good and bad. For thick and thin.
8. Travel or explore – travel somewhere new or explore where you are.
9. No to low expectations. Don’t expect things from people if they do something that appeases you great but don’t spend time wish or worrying about it. What’s meant to be yours and in your life will be.
10. Spend and gain money wisely.
11. Be independent and love yourself.
12. Believe in something… a dream.
13. Believe in a higher spiritual power.
14. Create your own path, journey, story, then share yours and theirs.
15. Keep learning.
16. Find what it is that makes you the best version of yourself.
17. Be you and be you to the fullest.
Looking for bucket list ideas for 2015? Here are some great ideas to add to your to do list!
Looking for new habits and resolutions to add to your new year routine? Check out this article for some ideas. Happy New Year!
Having guests over for the holidays and looking for ways to make their stay more comfortable? Attached is a link for some awesome decor and room ideas to make your friends or families stay more comfortable and inviting.
This summer 2014 I took a trip to Tulum, Mayan Riviera, and Chichen Itza. The ruins were amazing to see as well as emerging yourself in the culture of the Mayans. Zip lining over the jungle like forests in mexico was a blast! My favorite by far was the Tulum ruins and Tulum beach, just beautiful! If your looking at trips to Mexico I highly recommend these sites!
This workout is for a runner that can run about a 10 minute mile and is also no stranger to high intensity sprints. Especially if you are looking for some variety for your running and, or treadmill routine. If you find this routine too easy amp up at the incline 1 to 5 grades. If you find it too difficult change the speeds slightly for example 5.0 to 5.4 instead of 5.5, 5.5 to 5.9 instead of 6.0, and 7.0 to 7.9 instead of 8.0 mph. Try this routine 3 to 4 days a week for weight loss and cardiovascular improvements. If you are a beginner try to 1 to 2 days a week and if your intermediate try 2 to 4 days a week. Advanced try 3 to 5 days a week. Remember to incorporate a day off in between if possible!